UNL Parking & Transit Services provides and monitors parking meters on City and East Campuses. In addition, the City of Lincoln provides parking meters on city streets adjacent to the campuses and Innovation Campus.
Metered Parking Information
- UNL student, faculty, and staff must register their vehicles when parking at a metered parking spot
- UNL meters have maximum time limits between 30 minutes and 4 hours, as displayed on each unit
- Rates are displayed in the dome of the meter
- Meters are enforced from 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m. to noon Saturday when UNL is open for business.
- Payment is required during these times
- Park within the designated lines
- Do not park by reversing into the parking stall; with the vehicle rear facing the meter
- Observe all time limits
- Follow all payment requirements as listed on the meter unit
- Accepted payment methods include using coins and the Passport Parking Payment Mobile App
- Do not park at an "Out-of-Order" meter.
- Follow any other posted UNL or Nebraska parking regulations
- Violators will receive a citation with penalty payment required
Meter Maintenance and Repairs
- Out-of-Order" reports are submitted by customers, enforcement personnel, and regular audits performed during collections.
- In order to report meters Out-of-Order, call 402-472-1800. Provide meter number, location, description of the problem, and the time of reported malfunction in the report
- Parking is not allowed at meters flashing Fail or Out of Order. It is the goal of UNL Parking & Transit to inspect and repair all meters within two business days.
Passport Parking Payment Mobile App
UNL offers Passport Parking, a pay-by-cell service at designated parking spaces. With Passport, users securely pay for meter parking with a smart phone app. Users receive reminders and can add time to their meter from anywhere.
- Pay conveniently without visiting the meter or readying coins
- Use the same app to pay for city of Lincoln and Omaha controlled parking facilities as well as any other participating parking areas
- View meter countdown timer from your device
- Receive reminders: text-message or notifications when meter time is running out
- Extend time easily from your device
- View/Print your parking payment history
- Encrypted and secure payment
Please be Aware
Daily parking session expires at midnight. New session begins at 12:01 a.m.
To begin access, users must register online with payment and license plate information and then download the app from your devices app store. The app download links are also provided below.
Payment source will be charged each time the app is used to pay for parking. Passport also offers the Wallet payment option, a prepaid account balance. This feature reduces credit card transaction fees. With Wallet, users prepay a Passport account amount. With each meter usage, the amount is deducted from the preloaded balance. Learn more about Passport here.