Permits & Registration

All University of Nebraska-Lincoln parking facilities, except metered areas and time-controlled zones, require a valid University of Nebraska parking permit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

In addition, faculty, staff and students parking a vehicle on UNL-controlled property must register that vehicle with Parking & Transit Services. (Registering the vehicle is usually done when obtaining a permit. However, if additional vehicles are brought to campus, they need to be registered. If you choose not to purchase a permit please remember that you must register your vehicle with Parking & Transit Services.)

Parking permits are the property of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and are issued to a specific individual. Ownership is not transferable. By obtaining a parking permit, the permit holder agrees to become familiar with and abide by the rules and regulations.

University of Nebraska faculty, staff and students who are primarily assigned to the UNL campus must purchase a permit from UNL's Parking & Transit Services Office and may not use permits from other campuses.

Permit holders are urged to protect their permits from theft by locking their vehicles. If a permit is lost the loss should be reported to Parking & Transit Services, in person, immediately. There is a $30.00 fee for replacement products.

1. Examine Your Choices

Description of Permit Types:

Color Coded Maps:
City Campus
East Campus

Currently all students, faculty, and staff are eligible to purchase a parking permit.
Note: Reserved and Garage permits dependent on availability.

2. Choose a Duration

Duration & Cost Table

Annual permits must be renewed every August with the start of the school year.
Nine month permits are valid for the mid-Aug to mid-May school year.

3. Review the Cost

Price Table

The price of permits purchased mid-year is pro-rated.

4. Purchase

Two Ways to Buy:

Either way you must have a valid NU I.D. number, license plate number, make, model and color of the vehicle(s) that you bring to campus.
Payment options: Student Accounts Consolidated Bill, Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), Cash/Check (at window only), Payroll deduction (faculty/staff)

Additional Permit Information