The University of Nebraska-Lincoln contracts with StarTran to operate bus routes Monday through Friday during the fall and spring semesters. The system of bus routes connecting the UNL campuses throughout the day is designed to ensure timely, cost effective, and simple access to classes or meetings across the university community. Parking and Transit Services also provides van service to connect East Campus and Nebraska Innovation Campus when classes are in session. At this time, no pass or fees are required to ride the bus.
Bus Riding Know-how
- To plan your waiting time, a printable route map and time schedule is available on the Bus Maps page
- A link to an interactive map with real-time GPS location of each buses between campuses can also be found on the Bus Maps page that you can view either on your desktop or mobile device.
- StarTran also provides links to bus tracking mobile apps that can be downloaded from your device app store.
- Decide which route you want and the closest stop to you
- Buses do not stop at all stops
- To board a bus - wait for the bus at a designated UNL bus stop
- To get off a bus - use the stop signal to inform the bus driver that you wish to get off at the next stop
- For more information about how to use the bus, check out information from StarTran
Husker Safe Walk
The UNL Police Department offers a courtesy Husker Safe Walk program where a Community Service Officer is dispatched, upon availability, to accompany you while you await the arrival of your transportation at night. There maybe a response time of up to 15 minutes. For more information on Husker Safe Walk, visit this page.
Please be Aware
This service is provided as a courtesy service and is not meant for ongoing occurrences.
Student Bus Riders
StarTran bus service, provided through a contract with the City of Lincoln, and University Parking and Transit Service van service connects City, East and Nebraska Innovation campuses. At this time, no pass or fees are required to ride the bus.
Faculty Bus Riders
The UNL/StarTran bus pass can be issued upon request to all UNL faculty and staff. Bus passes are available at no cost if you purchase a regular UNL parking permit. At this time, no pass or fees are required to ride the bus.
Transit Office & StarTran Contact Information
Title VI Compliance
Under Title VI, StarTran customers who are not proficient in English are able to obtain a "Riders Guide" in these languages: Spanish), Arabic), Russian, Vietnamese, and Karen. This Ride Guide is free and available to the public upon request. Translation services are also free and available upon request.
location icon Parking & Transit Services
1931 Antelope Valley Parkway, Room #106A
Lincoln, NE 68588-00681
phone icon 402-472-8436
location icon StarTran Office
710 J Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
phone icon 402-441-7185