A variety of parking options are available on all UNL campuses for visitors' use. These options include designated surface, meter and garage parking options. For visitor parking at specific buildings, visitors must register in the building and receive parking permission.
Visitor Parking Options
A variety of parking options are available on all UNL campuses for visitors' use. These options include designated surface, meter, and garage parking options.
Use these map resources to help you identify your visitor parking options.
Building-specific visitor parking is available at these locations: Office of Admissions, Morrill Hall, Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science & Management, College of Law, East Campus Bowling Alley. Visitors must register in the building and receive parking permission.
Visitor Parking For:
- Office of Admissions is located east of the Alexander Building at 14th & Q Streets. A permit must be obtained from the Office of Admissions between the hours of 7:30 am - 7:30 pm. Any valid University of Nebraska-Lincoln parking permit is authorized to park in the lot between 7:30 pm - 7:30 am.
- Morrill Hall is located immediately north of the building and is intended solely for individuals visiting the museum. Visitors to the museum are required to register their license plate and vehicle information on the logs located in reception area. Accessible parking for visitors to Morrill Hall is located on the east of the building along 14th Street. During the University of Nebraska-Lincoln home football game days, visitors are to park in a cashiered parking lot ($15) and walk to the museum; however, the accessible parking spaces, are reserved for Morrill Hall visitors ($15) only and are strictly enforced.
- Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management is located at the Kauffman Academic Residential Center. Visitors are required to register on the logs located in primary reception areas.
- College of Law is intended for individuals visiting the College of Law. Visitors are required to register on the logs located in primary reception area.
- East Campus Union Bowling Alley is intended for individuals using the East Campus Union Bowling Alley. Visitors are required to register on the logs located in the Bowling Alley.
Guest & Visitor Permits
When parking in any campus location other than designated visitor areas, garages, or meters, visitors must obtain a Visitor's Permit. They are available at the Parking & Transit Services office located at the Stadium Drive Parking Garage, 625 Stadium Drive Suite A. On East Campus permits may be purchased at the College of Law. This permit must be hung from the vehicle's rearview mirror, and will indicate the assigned parking area. A daily temporary permit can be purchased online then printed and displayed on your vehicle dashboard. This permit costss $8.00 per day.
Visitor Permit Cost
Please be Aware
Any vehicle that is registered to or used by faculty, staff or student, may not park in visitor designated parking areas, located at 13th & R Streets Guest Parking Lot, or East Campus Union Guest parking meters. These vehicles must park in a standard metered parking area or a permit lot.
Parking permits from UNK, UNO and UNMC may be used on the UNL Campus. University of Nebraska faculty, staff and students who are primarily assigned to UNL must purchase a permit from UNL Parking & Transit Services and may not use permits from other campuses.
|Permit Type From Other NU Campus||Lot Type Available To You|
|UNO Regular/Reserved Faculty/Staff|
|UNO Regular Student|
|UNMC Regular/Reserved Faculty/Staff|
|UNMC Regular Student|
|UNK Regular/Reserved Faculty/Staff|
|UNK Regular Student|
|Nebraska Innovation Campus Reserved/Common/ SDL|
|Nebraska Innovation Campus Student C|
Departmental Guest Permits
UNL Departments may request Departmental Guest permits. Departmental guests and visitors are defined as individuals that visit a department, faculty or staff for outreach or educational purposes. Guests have no affiliation to UNL (faculty, staff, student, and affiliate) and are not attending meetings, seminars, workshops or conferences on campus.
- To request Departmental Guest Permits, contact the Parking & Transit Services - Special Event Office at 402-472-8436. Allow two weeks to process permits requests
- Each department must maintain a log sheet with the permits requested. The log sheet and any extra or voided permits must be returned to the Parking & Transit Services Special Event office at 1931 Antelope Valley Parkway at the beginning of the following month.
- These permits may be issued to guest speakers or small groups. They are not to be used for meetings, seminars, conferences, or workshops
- The issuing department must inform the guest of the areas where the permit is valid
- Departmental Guest Permits shall not be issued to faculty, staff, students, or vendors doing business with, working, or going to school at the University of Nebraska. This includes temporary and on call workers
- If a mistake is made while issuing a guest permit, DO NOT use the permit. Issue another permit instead. The use of an altered/counterfeit permit will result in vehicle impoundment and a $200 fine.
- The departmental guest permits are NOT valid in metered parking areas
- Departmental Guest Permits are only valid in non-reserved areas or
Please be Aware
Failure to comply with this policy may result in forfeiture of use of Departmental Guest Permits.
Designated patient parking spaces adjacent to facilities providing medical services have specific user guidelines. Patients are defined as individuals that have scheduled appointments or are receiving medical or clinical services in the facility. Patients or facility clients may park in the designated patient parking spaces only during the time they are in the facility for appointments or treatment. All other use is prohibited unless authorized by Parking and Transit Services. A valid permit is required after regular clinic hours.
University Health Center
Parking for patients is reserved in the parking lot northwest of the University Health Center. Patients are required to sign a log, located at appointment desk, during clinic hours.
College of Dentistry
Parking for patients at the College of Dentistry is located in first three bays of the parking lot east of the College of Dentistry Building. Faculty, staff and students and vendors of the College of Dentistry must use their regularly designated parking spaces at all times, including patient visits.
Parking for patients is reserved in the parking lot south of the Barkley Center. Patients are required to sign a log, located at appointment desk, during clinic hours.