A variety of parking options are available on all UNL campuses for visitors' use. These options include designated surface, meter and garage parking options. For visitor parking at specific buildings, visitors must register in the building and receive parking permission.
Visitor Parking Options
A variety of parking options are available on all UNL campuses for visitors' use. These options include designated surface, meter, and garage parking options.
Use these map resources to help you identify your visitor parking options.
Building-specific visitor parking is available at these locations: Office of Admissions, Morrill Hall, Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science & Management, College of Law. Visitors must register in the building and receive parking permission.
Visitor Parking For:
- Office of Admissions is located east of the Alexander Building at 14th & Q Streets. A permit must be obtained from the Office of Admissions between the hours of 7:30 am - 7:30 pm. Any valid University of Nebraska-Lincoln parking permit is authorized to park in the lot between 7:30 pm - 7:30 am.
- Morrill Hall Parking for Morrill Hall is located immediately east of the building along 14th Street and is intended solely for individuals visiting the museum. Additional metered parking, exclusive to Morrill Hall visitors, is located at the entrance of the parking lot north of Morrill Hall at 14th and Vine Streets. For both the free and the metered spots, visitors to the museum are required to register their license plate and vehicle information on the logs located in the reception area. Accessible parking for visitors to Morrill Hall is located on the east side of the building along 14th Street.
- Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management is located at the Kauffman Academic Residential Center. Visitors are required to register on the logs located in primary reception areas.
- College of Law is intended for individuals visiting the College of Law. Visitors are required to register on the logs located in primary reception area.
Visitor Permits for Student Resident Housing
Students who live in on-campus resident housing may purchase a parking permit for a guest to park on campus overnight. This special permit allows the guest to park near resident housing on surface lots R1, R2 or Area P (excludes 1001/1011 Y Street).
This permit must be purchased in person at the Parking and Transit Services office, 625 Stadium Drive, Suite A. The cost is $7 per day for R1 and R2, and $4 for Area P. The cost for a home football Saturday is $25.
If the guest will not be parking overnight on campus, a regular Guest and Visitor Permit may be purchased.
Guest & Visitor Permits
When parking in any campus location other than designated visitor areas, garages, or meters, visitors must obtain a Visitor's Permit. A daily virtual temporary permit can be purchased online. This permit costs $8.00 per day. Temporary permits are non-refundable. For additional information, call Parking and Transit Services at 402-472-1800.
Visitor Permit Cost
Any vehicle that is registered to or used by faculty, staff or student, may not park in visitor designated parking areas, including East Campus Union Guest parking meters. These vehicles must park in a standard metered parking area or a permit lot.
Parking permits from UNK, UNO, UNMC and Nebraska Innovation Campus may be used on the UNL Campus for academic and business related activities; all other uses are prohibited unless authorized by Parking and Transit Services. University of Nebraska faculty, staff and students who are primarily assigned to UNL must purchase a permit from UNL Parking and Transit Services and may not use permits from other campuses.
Regularly priced UNL parking permits (A, C, F and Garage) may be used on other University of Nebraska campuses. Be familiar with each campus's reciprocal parking regulations before parking. Contact Parking and Transit Services to determine eligibility.
With the implementation of the virtual permit system License Plate Recognition, UNL permit holders must request and display a permit validation sign for parking at UNMC and UNK campuses. The sign verifies License Plate Recognition System participation. It is available at no cost upon request. Permit holders can request and receive the sign, and display for all visits to these campuses for the effective period of the actual permit. Permit holders must contact Parking and Transit Services at firstname.lastname@example.org from their UNL email accounts or come to the office at 625 Stadium Drive to receive the sign. Vehicles with physical permits (such as garage hangtags) must only display the permit for UNMC and UNK.
To park on the UNO and Nebraska Innovation campuses, UNL permit holders must notify Parking and Transit Services and request their permit be added to the reciprocal visitors list. Requests must be made from official UNL email accounts to email@example.com
UNO and NIC campuses are notified and your license is added to their permit roster. Access remains for the effective period of the UNL permit.
|Permit Type From Other NU Campus||Lot Type Available To You|
|UNO Regular/Reserved Faculty/Staff|
|UNO Regular Student|
|UNMC Regular/Reserved Faculty/Staff|
|UNMC Regular Student|
|UNK Regular/Reserved Faculty/Staff|
|UNK Regular Student|
|Nebraska Innovation Campus Yellow/Orange/ SDL|
Departmental Guest Permits
UNL Departments may request Departmental Guest permits. Departmental guests and visitors are defined as individuals that visit a department, faculty or staff for outreach or educational purposes. Guests have no affiliation to UNL (faculty, staff, student, and affiliate) and are not attending or presenting at meetings, seminars, workshops or conferences on campus.
- To request Departmental Guest Permits, contact Parking and Transit Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each department must maintain a log sheet through SharePoint.
- These permits may be issued to guest speakers or small groups. They are not to be used for meetings, courses, seminars, conferences, or workshops
- The issuing department must inform the guest of the areas where the permit is valid
- Departmental Guest Permits shall not be issued to faculty, staff, students, or vendors doing business with, working, or going to school at the University of Nebraska. This includes temporary and on call workers
- If a mistake is made while issuing a guest permit, DO NOT use the permit. Issue another permit instead. The use of an altered/counterfeit permit will result in vehicle impoundment and a $200 fine.
- The departmental guest permits are NOT valid in metered parking areas
- Departmental Guest Permits are only valid in non-reserved areas or
Please be Aware
Failure to comply with this policy may result in forfeiture of use of Departmental Guest Permits .
Designated patient parking spaces adjacent to facilities providing medical services have specific user guidelines. Patients are defined as individuals that have scheduled appointments or are receiving medical or clinical services in the facility. Patients or facility clients may park in the designated patient parking spaces only during the time they are in the facility for appointments or treatment. All other use is prohibited unless authorized by Parking and Transit Services. A valid permit is required after regular clinic hours.
University Health Center
Parking for patients is reserved in the parking lot northwest of the University Health Center. Patients are required to sign a log, located at appointment desk, during clinic hours.
College of Dentistry
Parking for patients at the College of Dentistry is located in first three bays of the parking lot east of the College of Dentistry Building. Faculty, staff, students and vendors of the College of Dentistry must use their regularly designated parking spaces at all times, including patient visits.
Parking for patients is reserved in the parking lot south of the Barkley Center. Patients are required to sign a log, located at appointment desk, during clinic hours.