Parking & Transit Services operates an on-call van during weekday after hours and StarTran offers two intercampus service routes (#42/43 and #49) between City and East Campus on Saturday. Weekend service to the Nebraska Innovation Campus is not provided.
On-call van service connects campus locations
University students can take advantage of an on-call van transportation service at no cost. The service provides rides between designated campus bus stops after the end of daily bus route schedules.
The service is available weekdays in perimeter permit areas beginning at 6 p.m. and from 9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. at designated campus bus stops.
The on-call van service is simple to use:
- Arrive at a designated StarTran bus stop.
- Call 402-326-8807.
- Provide current location and destination request.
- Response time is about 15 minutes.
- Enter the van upon arrival and repeat your destination request.
The van then delivers riders to requested campus bus stop locations.
On-call van service is available weekdays during fall and spring semesters.
Saturday Intercampus Bus Service
StarTran offers two bus routes on Saturday that provide reduced intercampus connections and operate between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 pm.
Routes #42/43 - Intercampus bus service uses the following stops:
- the 12th & Q Streets bus stop (City Campus)
- bus stops along Holdrege streets between 33rd and 40th (East Campus)
Routes #49 - Intercampus bus service using the following stops:
- R Street bus stops (City Campus) between 12th and 17th streets
- Vine Street bus stops (City Campus) between 16th and 23rd streets
- 33rd and Holdrege bus stops (East Campus)
For more information and maps on these routes, visit the StarTran website